March 20, 2007

Service Economy

I think sometimes we only focus on the bad in customer service, thus giving the impression that there isn't anyone out there who can do a good job. In actuality, we probably get adequate or even good service most of the time.

For example, I was in the grocery store yesterday. Oftentimes, the workers there don't seem happy to be there, and I imagine there are parts of that job that aren't a lot of fun, but yesterday I was standing in line and one worker came over and opened a new register, invited me to go over there, and was very friendly and helpful. There was nothing exceptional about the service or even necessarily the friendliness, but it was nice to see what a trip to the store is supposed to be like, and I thought it was worth mentioning.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Word to that! It's good to see a little positivity being spewed out here in the blogosphere.

By the way, you might not remember me, but my name is Nate Smith from http://nateisablog.blogspot.com. I haven't been blogging for a while, but I'm back! So check it out!