April 12, 2006

Blog Du Jour

I'm going to the Cubs game tomorrow, assuming FedEx gets my tickets to me in time. Ooh, I just checked, and they tell me they've been delivered. Now we'll see how fast the Wheaton College Post Office can get it's act together before I go down there and start kicking butts and taking names.

These people are coming to Wheaton next week so they can try to get arrested. At least, that's what it seems like they're doing. Their actual goal appears to be to rewrite the Bible to their liking.

Why is it that teachers and people who work at churches are so bad at returning phone calls and emails?

Attention all bloggers: If you like a song, just tell us the name. No need to reproduce the lyrics for no reason.

Springtime is here, kids, let's see if we can resist the socks with sandals urge this time around.

I have a 30 inch tall basil plant. Thought you'd like to know.

I've read at least three different things in the past week about either Facebook or MySpace. It's like all the world's parents suddenly decided to figure out why they haven't seen their kids in three months. To answer your question, yes, it's right here.

The person I feel the worst for in this whole Duke Lacrosse thing is the coach who felt he had to resign. By all accounts, he's a good guy. I'll feel even worse if the lack of DNA evidence leads to the revelation that she made the whole thing up and this coach and his team were unjustly harassed by the whole country for a month.

I know someone who got into Harvard this spring, but is on Wheaton's wait list.

I'm looking for new music to listen to. Leave your suggestions in the comments, and keep in mind that I'm not interested in angry chick music.

I started watching House, and now I can't stop.

All for now.

1 comment:

James Sutton said...

Why are teachers and church workers so bad at returning phone calls?

... or keeping up with friends that have moved away, for that matter!!!

Thanks for calling today. I can't tell you how good it was to catch up and hear how you and Janet are doing. Now that I have your blog address I'll be able to scratch that itch more often, and I promise to leave plenty of comments. Hopefully we'll get to talk some more -- but let's be realistic. I'm a teacher and I used to be a church worker. Hmm. Hopefully I can work on giving us a better name in that department.

Robin? I know you read this blog! You're a teacher. You're good at returning phone calls. Let's work on this!