October 23, 2005

The Latest

Life has been busy with coaching and such. Janet goes to work, goes to class, and writes papers. I'm just over halfway through the kids wrestling program for the fall session. Four more weeks to go. I think I'm making a difference. All in all, we've had around 60 different kids show up at least once to one of our sites, which is fantastic. At Wheaton, we've had 18 different families bring 28 different kids. We hope they keep coming back, and we hope to encourage them to make a donation to Strider Wrestling to keep things going (by the way, if you want to make a donation, contact me and I'll tell you how).

On a related note, I've been spending some time putting the Strider Wrestling website together. I had about 2/3 of a site built a week ago when I decided it looked like something a guy made in his living room. Well, that was true, but it doesn't have to look like it was. Thus, I scoured the web for a suitable template, modified it to fit my needs, and the new, improved Strider Wrestling website was born. It's about 95% finished and is just missing some content. I will publish the address here once the site is uploaded and our address points to it. For now, enjoy this sneak preview screen shot. (Click the image to see full size)