September 14, 2005

Inspired Writing

I was going back and looking at my AL and NL preview to see how I did on picking division winners. At this point, if things hold, I picked 3 out of 6. I can get to 4 of 6 if the Yankees catch the Red Sox, but I'm hoping to stay at 3. Anyhow, when I went back looking for it, I stumbled upon a post on my now defunct sports blog Foul Territory. The post, found here, is entitled "Winning Baseball," and in it I make six or so points about what it takes to build a winning baseball team. A lot of the information is pretty obvious if you read Baseball Prospectus or can define the term "sabermetrics," but I think what I did was pretty well written, and it has held up to the test of time. A lot of times, I'll go back and read what I wrote in my blog and wonder if I thought it was good at the time. This, this is different. This is good, and I'd appreciate it if you read it and care even the slightest bit about baseball.

No comments: