July 23, 2005

Have I mentioned this yet?

Janet and I are a mere week away from again becoming world travelers. Thanks to some "hey, how's it going" emails and a hastily made decision, we're joining Duke Wrestling on yet another tour of Eastern Europe. If you'll recall, or maybe you won't, I tagged along on a trip to Russia five years ago with Duke Wrestling. This time, we're flying into Germany, heading into Poland, and following that up with a jaunt through Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. Somewhere in there, we're scheduled to meet with Lech Walesa, though when he came to Messiah back in 2002, he gave his speech in Polish. I'm wondering if we'll have much to talk about. I joked to Janet that I'm going to ask him if he knows Ohm's Law (a little electrician humor for you there).

That said, if anyone has any experience with the Baltic States, you let me know. Our digital camera is primed and ready to go global. It's going to be a whirlwind of an 18 day trip, with a lot of sightseeing and some wrestling to boot. Personally, I'm planning to be exhausted, but with stories to tell. Hopefully, I won't get my money stolen this time, and we won't have to leave anyone there.

No comments: