February 13, 2005

Ugliest and Best Looking Cars

Here are the five best looking and worst looking cars available new in the United States, in my opinion. Feel free to disagree, and don't take it personally if you drive a car on the ugly list. The cars are listed in no particular order, and the links are to pictures for your perusal. I'll try to leave the more exotic cars out of this one.

Worst Looking:
- Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - a pointy-nosed terror
- Pontiac Aztek - age has not much improved this monster
- Honda Insight - paved the way for hybrids, but those real wheel coverings are awful (special note: there are a number of ugly hybrids, like the suppository-shaped Toyota Prius; I much prefer the new trend of making normal cars into hybrids)
- Hummer H2 - what do I have to say?
- Honda Ridgeline - saw this one in a Super Bowl ad, and the first thing I though was that it's the ugliest truck I'd ever seen, with those weird high sides to the bed

Best Looking:
- Mazda3 Four Door - nothing flashy here, it just works
- Audi TT Coupe - a personal favorite of mine for a long time
- Chevrolet Corvette - an old classic keeps looking good
- Ford Mustang - looking back never looked so good
- MINI Cooper - but I might be biased

That's my list. Comments? Questions? Snide Remarks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree with that list for the most part. although you seem to have forgotten two of the most infulential branches on the automotive ugly tree. The Honda Element, and the Scion Xa (or Xb, whichever the soapbox with clear corners is)

Also i think you should compile a similar list, but of more dated cars, like the Shleby Cobra...and the AMC Pacer, if you know either of these two cars, i think you can determine which would fit in which list :)