January 3, 2005

Back in the Swing

Everybody is back at work now that the holidays are over. No more cartwheeling down the aisles or rearranging all the cubicles to spell my name. Just more burn in test engineering. The tester is still broken, so we'll see how soon that can get fixed. We got the 2005 calendars today, and they're all in German, and they have the German holidays listed. Some of them are entertaining like Himmelfahrt, which is fun to say. Give it a shot; you'll see what I mean.

Speaking of fun to say, while Solstivus is fun to say, it's a really really cheap rip off of Festivus from Seinfeld. Even the name is similar. Of course, the strangest thing is the fact that a google search on Solstivus yields a link to www.hardflip.com, where you can find the following...

The wife and I were talking and decided not to celebrate Christmas anymore. My mom and dad started celebrating 'Festivus' years ago after the Seinfeld show. There are a lot of elements of Christmas that drive me nuts. So we're starting a new holiday called 'Solstivus' around the same time. It's still in its infancy. I got a lot of gifts from the family but the best was from my brother. knowing that 'Stone Cold' is one of my favorite movies he went on Ebay and found this book. It's so awesome. Click on it to enlarge and I also added the back with some quotes...

What are the odds of there being competing Solstivus holidays? Of course, this one seems newer and far less developed than the equally stupid holiday dreamed up earlier by the Barleys. I sent the guy an email letting him know what was up, so you can thank me later, James.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

This is all too unbelievable! I will admit the name of Solstivus is slightly based from the Seinfeld realm; however the name is also derived from the Winter Solstice. Of course, all aspects of the holiday are completely original and are still being developed. I'm anxious to hear this family's response. Perhaps Solstivus will one day become wide spread across the world!