July 6, 2004

Welcome to North Carolina

I just thought everyone would like to know that I have been officially granted North Carolina residency by the North Carolina State University. Thus, I can take classes at the in-state rate, which is a lot less than what it would have been. Of course, Infineon will be footing the bill, but I'm sure there's a tax benefit for me involved somewhere. I know that school loan interest is deductible, but what about this?

Speaking of school loans, I tried to find the form to fill out to tell the government that I'm not a full time student anymore, and it doesn't seem to exist. They think I'm full time, so I don't have to pay the loans back yet. I'm trying to decide what to do. I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually. I do know how much the monthly payment would be, so I might just start sending them that amount every month until they get the hint. That sounds like a good idea.

My parents are coming to visit next week, so they can see our apartment and new car finally.

Oh, and my sister is smack dab in the middle of her first week of officer training in Seattle, Washington. Wish her luck.

No comments: