June 23, 2004

Picky

I remember a guy I went to church with in California. He was the pickiest eater I have ever met. Most people got over this sort of thing before preschool, but I have a feeling his has worsened with time. I'm not sure what his problem is. Perhaps he is afraid of catching some sort of illness. I went out to lunch with him and others every weekend for an entire summer, and he not once ate a vegetable. He also hated cheese. None of this was the most curious part, though. The worst part was the fact that he liked his food burnt. Seriously. He would go into a restaurant, order the barbecue chicken pizza with no cheese, and he would ask them to burn it. This never ceased to get a funny look, but if the man says burn it, the restaurant does it. His favorite place must have been the Korean BBQ, where you cooked the food yourself on a tabletop grill. Then he could have as much carbon as his heart desired. I don't know why I was thinking about him today, but I thought it would be of some interest to everyone.

No comments: