May 8, 2004

Job

Let this be the formal announcement that I have accepted a position as a Test Engineer for Infineon Technologies in Cary, North Carolina. I'm due to start on May 24th, and I'm excited to get going on a career. It's hard to know what the job will be like. I've never been an engineer before, just an engineering student, and I think there's a difference. On the one hand, there's the worry that I've bitten off more than I can chew and I won't be able to do it. On the other hand, there are lots of people just like me that had to start their career somewhere. I'm not too worried, because I think the people at Infineon have a good idea of what I've done and where I've been. I tried to represent myself and my abilities honestly, so I suppose it's time to jump in with both feet and see if I can swim.

No comments: