January 17, 2004

Slice and Dice

I sliced a couple of my fingers while washing dishes yesterday. Did it on a sharp knife, so now I have a little red line on the index and middle fingers of my right hand. The whole situation is a double edged (Ha!) blade. The knife might not have cut me if it weren't so sharp, but the sharpness ends up making the cut narrower and quicker to heal. This is the second time I've cut myself washing dishes in the past month. The first time didn't involve a knife, however. Our class thermometer broke and we thought we got all the pieces. The next day, the sink was draining slow, so I reached down to pull some food out of the drain and there I found the last piece of glass. I guess you could say that it found me, but, either way, I was bleeding. Fingers sure do know how to bleed, but having the sink and paper towels right there helped matters. Then I just got rid of the paper towel and put the Barbie Band-Aid on. We bought more masculine bandages the other day, so I don't have to deal with Barbie anymore.

No comments: