January 18, 2004

4 Days

I get four days off every weeked. Well, I get four days off from classes. It seems like it will be a nice deal. Tuesdays and Thursdays are a beating, but I get plenty of time to recover. Here I sit on a Sunday night knowing that I don't have to go to class tomorrow. I think I will try to finish my homework due for Thursday. That would be a good use of my time, I think. I haven't been given a TA assignment yet, so I have no responsibilities except for my classes for a litle while, at least. I reallly hope to get one of those posh assignments where you don't have as much work as I did last semester. I had to grade homework, grade lab reports, grade tests, and teach lab sections. It was not the most fun I've ever had, that's for sure. At least I didn't suffer alone. I had co-workers to help me deal with it. We all could moan and groan together. The one thing working against me in my quest for a new assignment is the professor's desire for continuity. He likes to have the same people in consecutive semesters because of their familiarity with the class procedures and labs. One of the guys has done it quite a few times in a row now. This spring is his last semester though, so he'll be done with NC State.

No comments: